When the lights went out...
Good day to all and good mood my dear readers read.cash.
Today is my next article on a free theme. This is a reflection on life, different situations and the like.
In comments to my articles you can ask questions, as well as give your opinion on the subject of this article.
Perhaps you will argue with me (I hope not), but I will say: the main thing in our lives is health and electricity. And if everything is clear with health, the value of electricity can be fully appreciated only when it is turned off.
Believe me, I know what I am talking about - we had a power outage the other day!
And it was a real emergency against the background of the measured and serene life that I have started to lead in recent days.
The quiet evening at home was slowly creeping toward midnight... Half-sitting in a chair, I read a book, drank hot cocoa and out of the corner of my eye looked at the movie "The Irony of Fate.
Life was shaping up in the best possible way.
And suddenly, just as poor Hippolyte (the hero of the movie) headed for the bathroom to perform his famous wash, everything went out: the floor lamp, the bedside lamp, the Christmas lights, and the TV.
I was left with cocoa and nothing else.
I became alarmed that our house had blown a fuse. I don't know if they exist and if something could "knock them out," but my first theory, inspired by memories from the Soviet past, was this.
Looking out the window and opening the front door, I was convinced that it was dark everywhere.
It seemed that life had ceased on planet Earth: there were no streetlights.
Only the windows of the houses were black squares, with the occasional flicker of candles and smartphone screens that hinted at its timid continuation.
The time was a quarter past twelve, but as it turned out, many people were still awake.
Since it is much easier to survive a mass disaster than an individual one, I calmed down and thought: how nice!
But "how good" was only the beginning of the thought, followed by the continuation of "that I'm not in an elevator." As I imagined myself trapped in the darkness of the immobilized elevator cabin, I was greatly relieved that no one was there.
My second thought, which continued the first, was "how good it is that I'm not in the shower," as the water disappeared along with the light. Yes, friends.
Electricity is not only the TV, charger and light, but also the water supply and, pardon the detail, the sewer system. It, too, has stopped working.
If before, when the light went out, it was enough to get candles and enjoy the romance that suddenly fell down, but now all communications are closed on electricity, and when it goes out, not a single drop will flow out of the faucet.
No electricity means no hot baths and warm showers.
Even the chair I was sitting in is plugged in for the sake of being able to change its position.
By the way, I was in a "half-lying" position at the time of the electrical disaster, and after the chair was de-energized, I had to crawl rather un-elegantly to the floor.
The gas boiler, which had been providing uninterrupted heating, froze...
The refrigerator, which I opened to ascertain the extent of the disaster, hit me with a wave of cold and darkness...
It became dark, cold and lonely.
I called my husband (he always finds some way out), but my husband advised me not to worry and to go to bed.
As I fell asleep, I was happy to remember that we had a gas (not electric) stove, which meant that, whatever the situation, I would have a gory breakfast in the morning.
When I woke up in the middle of the night, I saw that the streetlights were burning outside the window and that our facades had been partially restored. I decided that we had been returned to the nineteenth century, and to be sure of this, I flicked the switch on the bedside lamp.
Alas, there was still no electricity in the houses...
I pulled the blanket over my head (the radiators were still cold at midnight) and continued to sleep.
In the morning the situation was the same.
Since I had no opportunity to wash, shower, and warm up, I decided to have breakfast. The thought of a gas stove, if you recall, had been warming me since the evening.
However, the dreams were shattered by a de-energized reality: I couldn't have any hot breakfast because the gas stove is an electric stove! That was probably the last argument that pushed me to the conclusion that electricity is the most important thing in our lives.
After eating my breakfast of cold eggs from yesterday, ham, and iced cocoa, I quickly packed up my things.
Fortunately, while I was taking the baby to kindergarten, the problems had been fixed, and the electricity was flooding into the house (this was reported to me by my mother, who had stoically survived all the hardships of the previous night and morning).
When I got home, the picture of the night's collapse unfolded before my eyes: the floor lamp was on, the chair remained in the unfolded position, and the TV had managed to both turn on and reboot.
The radiators were pleasantly warm, the gas boiler was heating water properly, water was flowing from the taps, and life once again played with the bright colors of domestic comfort.
Friends, appreciate the electricity. Rejoice in the opportunities it gives us. We are used to many things and do not notice their presence, but, believe me, as soon as they are gone, one becomes cold and sad.
And to conclude this article, I thank my sponsoring friends!
My sponsoring friends, thank you!
No matter how strong we are, support increases our strength! It's like a breath of fresh air when difficulties pile up and don't let us breathe! Thank you for your support. I will always remember and thank you.
I thank God for his help in writing this article, and you, dear readers, praise him if your reading has been helpful to you.
I want to know your opinion.
If you are interested in my content,then I invite you to read my other articles: