Go along with the majority, do what most others are doing is basically what it means to follow the crowd.
If a large amount of people in a crowd are agreeing on one thing and the crowd with small amount of people agree on another, than it not necessarily has to mean that the crowd with larger amount of people is right.
The other reason people conform and go along with the crowd is that we all want to be liked and accepted. The desire to fit in is so strong that people sometimes conform to a group consensus even when it goes against their own judgment—at least in public. In private, they're much more likely to follow their own minds.
According to my perspective , some points why you should follow your heart :
1. You’ll regret it later in life, and if you’re delaying it, you’ll question yourself why didn’t you do it sooner.
2. Not following your dreams makes you feel unaccomplished. Eventually, this will stop you from dreaming altogether.
3. Following your dreams might take unexpected turns, but those are the exciting and memorable challenges of living the dream. Those challenges will help you grow as they make you step out of your comfort zone.
4. You feel you have something more to live for.
5. Even if your dreams fail, you’ll feel proud you gave it your all to accomplish them. Dreamers fail now and then, but they also learn more in life. You learn from failure. So, dust yourself off and try it again.
6. Your dreams and your actions define you. Don’t let others define you with what they tell you to do and not to.
Happy reading you all :)