Join 59,380 users and earn money for participation
read.cash is a platform where you could earn money (total earned by users so far: $ 274,561.78).
You could get tips for writing articles and comments, which are paid in Bitcoin Cash (BCH) cryptocurrency,
which can be spent on the Internet or converted to your local money.
I've been contemplating the whole day what to write. Tried writing about several topics that came to my mind and even tried to continue the articles saved on my notepad which I started to write weeks and even months ago but are still unfinished up to this moment, but to no avail. So I browsed my gallery, found some photos and decided to make something out of those photos. Just like what @Jane previously said, if you can't think of something to write, just go to the kitchen and do some cooking!
But I'm too lazy to cook and I don't want to go outside my room as my head feels like spinning every time I see the light (🧛 lol).
So for now, I'll just share with you some foods I cooked in the past and maybe you'll like the recipes haha.
Lousy name right? Just don't mind the name then. Have you ever heard of manna rice? They call it a meal supplement because it contains vitamins, minerals and soybeans. A rice meal which is made specifically for malnourished children. But if you are on a strict diet, I suggest eating this one. We had a bunch of manna rice pack at home which my dad's friend gave. We tried cooking it once, but my siblings didn't like the smell and the taste. And I don't like to just let it sit there and go bad so I decided to make something out of it that the people at home might like.
1 pack of manna rice (cooked like the regular rice)
5-10 pieces hotdogs cut into strips
1 bowl of boiled sweet corn
It is like a regular fried rice with a twist.
• Pre-heat the pan and add the oil.
• Saute the onion and garlic until it becomes brown and aromatic
• Add the sweet corn and fry for about 2 minutes then add the hotdogs.
• Pour in the manna rice and add ouster sauce, salt and monosodium glutamate to taste.
Are a fan of Korean dramas? Then you probably saw the characters drink soju (Korean Alcoholic beverage), beer or rice wine along with anchovies! I always wanted to try it so I searched on youtube for some recipes and found this! For Filipinos out there who's tired of eating fried salted dried fish (tuyo), why not try this? The blend of sweetness, spice and crispiness will surely satisfy your palate especially if you eat it along with some beer or mixed alcoholic drink!
• In a bowl mix the ketchup, paprika and sugar.
• Add the anchovies and mix until the mixture have covered all the fishes.
• Pre-heat the pan and add the oil.
• Fry the anchovies and sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar and paprika
Fish ball is one of the most loved street foods (tusok-tusok) by Filipinos. Fish balls and kikiams are popular among students and even those who aren't because they are cheap yet tasty. I remember back in college, me and my friends used to buy these and a mere $0.25 will already make us full and we still have some cents left for fruit juice (palamig) to quench our thirst. But at this time of pandemic, I really don't like buying them outside as much as I would love to for the sake of being safe from the virus. One time, we had a lot of mackerel tuna as a left over and that time I was also craving for some street foods, so I thought "why not make fish balls at home?", it will be more safe and healthy.
fish fillet cut to small pieces
all purpose flour
• In a bowl, mix all the ingredients until smooth and sticky. You can also use a blender or hand blender.
• Using a spatula, gently roll the paste until you have a sausage like shape.
• Scoop some of the fish paste on a spoon and shape it into a ball.
• In a frying pan, heat the oil. Add the fish balls and cook until it becomes golden brown.
I cooked this in the midst of the hard lockdown. Those were the days when I tried to do everything to ease my boredom during the quarantine. My dad planted different vegetables in the yard and one of those is the bitter gourd, I was tired of eating the same sauted bitter gourd with eggs so I decided to make my own recipe.
Bitter gourd (Ampalaya) sliced into thin strips
• Pre heat the pan and saute the garlic and onion until it becomes golden brown.
• Add the bitter gourd and add 3 teaspoons of soy sauce and 1 cup of tomato sauce.
• Add salt and pepper to taste
• When the bitter gourd is cooked, add the fried fish.
• Sprinkle with spring onions before serving.
This is just few of the easy recipes I could share with you. Maybe I'll share some more in the future. I hope you enjoyed and somehow learned something new from this article. - @esciisc💕