Join 75,820 users and earn money for participation
read.cash is a platform where you could earn money (total earned by users so far: $ 534,605.50).
You could get tips for writing articles and comments, which are paid in Bitcoin Cash (BCH) cryptocurrency,
which can be spent on the Internet or converted to your local money.
Takes one minute, no documents required
Weaving, creating, loving 💞Crafts are part of my life
Today has been a great day, despite the ups and downs that happen to you every day, you have to shake it off and start again and for me the simple fact of being alive is already a gain. Today I was talking with my friend Mayira, who was asking me several questions about my life because lately she sees me very glued to the computer and we have hardly been able to talk and have a coffee like before. She has made me remember many things about my life that I thought I had forgotten, especially the part about how I started in the world of handicrafts.
As I have already told you, I was part of a police institution for more than 18 years, then I retired and since then I have dedicated myself to my family.
While I was in the police I had the opportunity to study for a university degree where I graduated with a degree in education. When I retired I started to think about what I liked to do most in life and I came to the conclusion that I liked to make things with my hands, that is to say "handicrafts". From that day on I prepared myself to enter the market of baby lingerie, home linen, knitting and embroidery.
To achieve what I had in mind I took many courses and prepared myself the best I could, I definitely think that Venezuelan women are warriors, as much or more than men, so as a good woman from the Andean land I decided to set up my micro business with the firm decision to offer a quality product. The idea is that day after day my clients would spread the word in the city where I live and so more and more clients would come to me. Well, just as I thought so it happened. Thank God my products are well known and people are always ordering from me.
I like to do all kinds of crafts, recycling, sewing, knitting, embroidery, I like them all and I feel that if I choose just one I would be being very ungrateful to the others. In truth, with each one of them I make beautiful pieces that people love and I have received compliments that make me proud, so I can only thank my God for having given me this gift of being able to make things with my hands and thus gladden the hearts of those who receive my products.
Today I want to show you a step by step of a beautiful crochet knitted hat that people love, and I have knitted it a lot of times in all colours; so I invite you to follow the step by step because it is really very easy, I hope you understand me.
The materials we are going to use are: baby spider, 2.50mm needle.
This hat is designed for a girl from 3 to 6 months, medium level of difficulty.
- 1st row: 14 high stitches in a slipped ring or magic ring.
- 2nd row: 28 increases in double crochet.
- Row 3: 1 even, 1 stockinette stitch (repeat until the end).
- 4th row: 1 even, 2 double crochet (repeat until the end)
- Row 5: 1 increase, 3 double crochet (repeat to the end)
- 6th row: 1 increase, 4 stockinette stitch (repeat to the end)
- 7th row: 1 increase, 5 stockinette stitch (repeat to the end)
- 8th row: 1 double crochet on each base stitch
- Row 9: change the colour of the yarn and knit 1 single crochet, 2 chain stitches and knit a single crochet by skipping 2 stitches of the base stitch.
Base stitch. (Repeat until the end)
- Row 10: Change the yarn again and knit 3 double crochet stitches in each ring. (Repeat until the end)
- Repeat steps 9 and 10 until the desired length is obtained.
- In the following rows, we will work in increases to make the flap of the hat.
- We knit 7 single crochet and 1 increase. Then we knit 8 single crochet and 1 increase, we continue with 9 single crochet and 1 increase.
Increase. This way we keep increasing until we get the desired size.
As you can see it looks beautiful, you can combine it with the colours you like and add flowers or bows, or if you prefer you can leave it without anything and it will still look very beautiful.
I think I got very sentimental today, it was beautiful to remember my beginnings, to remember each one of those people who taught me and thanks to them I am what I am today. I thank God for life, I don't think I would change anything.