2 Broke Girls
Date: Tuesday. 15th of March, 2022.
Hey guys, I think I'm enjoying the pattern I'm using to upload my articles now. It's easier for me to do them at the end of the day rather than struggle to get it done while I'm busy with other stuff during the day.
I don't feel particularly good at the moment and I definitely didn't feel like writing either but I promised myself to write everyday for as long as possible and I haven't skipped a day yet. I don't really know what to write about actually. I guess I'll just talk about an old series in rewatching.
I'm a fan of comedy series. I like watching things that put me in a good mood and makes me laugh and this series is one of them. The name of the series is 2 Broke Girls. I watched it a long time ago but I never finished it. I realised I had also forgotten a lot about what happened in the series, so I decided to watch it again.
2 Broke Girls is about two girls who own a cupcake business and are doing all they can to raise enough money to become a big brand. Sometimes, they get lucky but most times, they don't. Even when they are able to earn something reasonable, they usually have one debt or the other to cover. Both girls live in a rundown apartment at Williams burg. They work as caterers in a diner from night time till 2am and they combine waitressesing with trying to run their business.
Here is a rundown of a few of the major characters:
1. Max Black - She is actually my personal favourite. She is an extremely sarcastic and cynical waitress. She is also a very good baker and she bakes the cupcakes they sell. The business is named Max's homemade cupcakes after Max. She grew up with an abusive mum and an absent father but manages to transform her bad childhood experiences into hilarious jokes that will have you laughing hard. She also believes that nothing good will happen for her and tends not to dream but Caroline is always there to push her. Max has street smarts and is also a nice and caring friend even though she always acts tough. She is tough though lol. She also likes to tease Han, the restaurant owner by joking about his size and she has a resemblance of a father-daughter relationship with Earl, the elderly cashier.
2. Caroline Channing: A former rich girl who lost all her fortune after her father was arrested for fraud. She is a graduate of Wharton University (as she always happily announces) and uses her knowledge to help push the cupcake business. Caroline applied as a waiter at the diner after she lost everything and was hired the same day. Max could tell that Caroline knew nothing about waiting but didn't report her. Max also offered her a place to stay and she went on to become Max's roommate. She is cheerful, kind and believes in Max and the cupcake business.
3. Oleg: He is a Ukrainian chef who siezes any opportunity to fliry with ladies. He is the chef at the diner Max and Caroline work at. He loves to wear sleeveless mess shirts and constantly passes lewd comments at girls or about his body. He highly believes in having several partners at a time. He eventually falls in love with an older woman named Sophie Kashinki, the Russian neighbour of Max and Caroline. Sophie is also always as sexually inappropriate as Oleg.
4. Earl: Earl is an elderly man in his 70s of near that age who works in the diner with the rest as a cashier. He enjoys smoking marijuana (Max does too) and always jokes about his age and his heart or the possibility of a heart attack. He is a jolly old man who has a lived a full life and has a wealth of experience to share. He always looks out for Max and Caroline.
5. Han: He is the Korean owner of the diner which he acquired in the beginning of the series. He tries to put up with Max and Caroline's occasional incompetence at work and bears the brunt of many short jokes from the rest of the cast especially from Max. Despite how they bicker, he still loves the girls and helps them out in their time of need.
Despite the difference these characters share, they always come through for each other like one big family.
Thanks for reading, have a nice day!