The trauma has been triggered
Today our trauma from Odette has been triggered. The weather wasn't good since last night and we don't even have a good sleep. The rain won't stop pouring hard and the wind blow hard as well this morning. The whistling sound of the wind was the most scary part of it. The news announced that there will be a typhoon coming and already landed yesterday in Guiuan Estearn Samar.
As per DOST.PAG-ASA information;
TROPICAL CYCLONE BULLETIN NO. 10
Tropical Storm “#AgatonPH”
Issued at 8:00 AM, 10 April 2022
Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin at 11:00 AM today
“AGATON” FURTHER INTENSIFIES AND IS ABOUT TO MAKE LANDFALL OVER THE SOUTHEASTERN PORTION OF EASTERN SAMAR
• Location of Center (7:00 AM):
• The center of Tropical Storm “AGATON” was estimated based on all available data including those from Guiuan Doppler Weather Radar over the coastal waters of Guiuan, Eastern Samar (11.0°N, 125.9°E)
• • Intensity
Maximum sustained winds of 75 km/h near the center, gustiness of up to 105 km/h, and central pressure of 996 hPa
• Present Movement
• West northwestward at 10 km/h
• • Extent of Tropical Cyclone Winds
Strong winds or higher extend outwards up to
220 km from the center
TROPICAL CYCLONE WIND SIGNALS (TCWS) IN EFFECT
• TCWS No. 2
• (Gale-force winds prevailing or expected within the next 24 hours)
The southern portion of Eastern Samar (Guiuan, Mercedes, Salcedo, Quinapondan, Giporlos, Balangiga, Lawaan, General Macarthur, Hernani, Llorente, Balangkayan, Maydolong, Borongan City), the southern portion of Samar (Marabut, Basey, Calbiga, Pinabacdao, Villareal, Santa Rita), and the northeastern portion of Leyte (Babatngon, Tacloban City, Palo, Tanauan, Tolosa)
○ Potential impacts of winds: Minor to moderate threat to life and property
• TCWS No. 1
• (Strong winds prevailing or expected within the next 36 hours)
The rest of Eastern Samar, the rest of Samar, Northern Samar, Biliran, the rest of Leyte, Southern Leyte, and the northeastern portion of Cebu (Daanbantayan, Medellin, Bogo City, Tabogon, Borbon) including Camotes Islands
○ Potential impacts of winds: Minimal to minor threat to life and property
HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND AREAS
• Today: Heavy to intense with at times torrential rains over Eastern Visayas and Dinagat Islands. Moderate to heavy with at times intense rains over the Surigao del Norte, Agusan del Norte, Bohol, and Cebu. Light to moderate with at times heavy rains over Masbate, Sorsogon, Albay, Catanduanes, Romblon, Northern Mindanao, and the rest of Visayas and Caraga.
• • Tomorrow: Moderate to heavy with at times intense rains over Eastern Visayas, Dinagat Islands, Surigao del Norte, and the northern portion of Cebu including Bantayan and Camotes Islands. Light to moderate with at times heavy rains over Masbate, Sorsogon, and the rest of Visayas and Caraga.
• Under these conditions and considering significant antecedent rainfall, scattered to widespread flooding (including flooding) and rain-induced landslides are expected especially in areas that are highly or very highly susceptible to these hazard as identified in hazard maps.
• Winds may reach gale-force in strength in any of the areas where Wind Signal No. 2 is hoisted throughout the passage of Tropical Storm “AGATON”.
• • Strong winds (strong breeze to near gale conditions) will be experienced within any of the areas where Wind Signal No. 1 is currently in effect.
HAZARDS AFFECTING COASTAL WATERS
• In the next 24 hours, rough to very rough seas (2.8 to 5.0 m) will prevail over the seaboards of areas where Wind Signals No. 2 and 1 are hoisted. These conditions may be risky for most seacrafts. Mariners of small seacrafts are advised to remain in port or take shelter, while those operating larger vessels are advised to take precautionary measures when venturing out to sea and, if possible, avoid navigating in these conditions.
• • In the next 24 hours, moderate to rough seas (1.2 to 3.4 m) will also prevail over the remaining seaboards of the country that are not under any wind signal or gale warning. These conditions may be risky for those using small seacrafts. Mariners are advised to take precautionary measures when venturing out to sea and, if possible, avoid navigating in these conditions.
Website Link: tinyurl.com/AgatonPH
The typhoon is moving very slow thus we could feel the strong effect of it. I just hope and pray that it won't create a huge devastation just like Odette for many of us had not yet recovered from the previous typhoon. I hope and pray that the Lord will keep us safe and give comfort to those affected such as the people on the streets and the people who have no home in general. Let's not pray just for our own safety but the safety of all people affected of this typhoon right now.
Typhoon has been a part of us and this isn't new to us yet the experience from the previous typhoon was just so scary and left us a huge traumatic experience. Everytime we hear the wind and the word typhoon, we couldn't help ourselves but to worry and be scared. A traumatic experience that brought to us a great lesson that was learned the very hard ways. I hope we won't experience the same, and by that I mean we should be ready at all times and be vigilant.
Speaking of being ready, I am all ready. I had prepare the important things such as my documents, money, ID's and medicine in one bag. I prepare two pair of clothes as well in another bag. It's not that I prayed for something to happened but I just prepared it anyways. I believe the trauma and the experience had gave me enough lessoned to learned already.
A small update as of the moment the wind blows hard with the rain in all directions. The river almost overflow, so as the irrigation and the electricity went off. I don't have any picture since I can't have enough courage to go outside. It's not safe and I am cold as ice. Currently, snuggling in my bed with the blanket covered my whole body. I am not sleeping though, I can't because my ears are listening what's going on outside.
That would be all for today. Thank you do much for reading. May the Almighty Father keep us safe and bless us all.
Hala sa Samar... Sa amin yun.