read.cash is a platform where you could earn money (total earned by users so far: $ 639,405.20).
You could get tips for writing articles and comments, which are paid in Bitcoin Cash (BCH) cryptocurrency,
which can be spent on the Internet or converted to your local money.
How to make garum sauce at home? You can be the star of dinners with this sauce, which is one of the ancient tastes of the Mediterranean and is not well known.
garum is a sauce that has become very popular lately and works wonders when you choose the right place to use it. actually it sounds more like the name of a method than the name of a sauce. Because all of the dozens of fish sauces that were very popular in ancient Mediterranean countries during the middle ages are called garum. There are those who use grass and those who throw soil.
There are friends who deal with it from many angles, but in my opinion, if you take certain points into consideration and be meticulous, it is simple to make. I have itemized the places that I called certain points as my tongue turns. I added the video at the bottom. By the way, if you are going to make this sauce, you need to take care of it. In other words, you have to be someone like me who looks at you with concern and runs after unnecessary and unnecessary things.
ingredients: fish (anchovy) - salt - jar
- First of all, the equipment used must be sterile. The utensil type can be glass. That's the jar I call the tool.
- our salt can be kosher. There are superstitions that it absorbs more water.
- The type of fish we will use should be fresh anchovies or even very fresh. There are other fish used besides anchovy, but the best yield is in anchovy.
- the non-negotiable point is the guts of anchovies. We use it as a whole without cleaning the inside. Those who try to make this sauce by cleaning the inside are making Italian colatura di alici sauce without realizing it. I learned that there is a remarkable difference in taste. so don't whine.
- Our sauce is prepared in one, three months for some, and four months for others, but the important thing here is the temperature. Your region is very important. already in the old prescriptions, they ordered it to be exposed to the sun. I think you should proceed by controlling the consistency yourself. You can check the video below and decide.
- Speaking of temperature, it is stated in various sources that this sauce is between 55-60 degrees, which is most suitable for fermentation. If you are going to put it in the sun, put it accordingly. Now you all have these machines that measure your body temperature. The sour lexicographer named Farabi said that it measures the degree of egg coagulation and yoghurt fermentation with the surface measuring setting. just use it.
- For the first two weeks you have to mix it every day. this is pretty important. If you are not lazy, it will be very nice if you mix it 3-4 times a day. you must not forget. After the second month, I immersed the kitchen blender and mixed it. The result is tremendous, but now come and tell the traditionalists about it. when they read this, they will whine.
- If you don't mix it, the bones of the fish just stay there. tried. Mixing is important.
- At the end of the time, it will turn into amber, which I will use once in a sentence. It'll be like ripe rosehip paste. First you pass it through a thick, then a fine strainer, and finally through cheesecloth. your sauce is ready.