In this contemporary time when the economic recession has become the global order of the day, hardships and unemployment have suddenly become the new normal, and even the ones that are officially employed, in the actual sense are not gainfully employed.
It shouldn't sound confusing when I say that the employed are not gainfully employed. I mean, is it not obvious how most people work but have little or nothing to show for it.
Even with all the time being put to their work, they can't still show anything for their time. This invariably means that their input isn't directly proportional to output. This trait is not a good one for both personal and business growth.
In face of all these Economic fluctuations, entrepreneurial ability becomes the last resort, or exactly what you need to survive.
Being an entrepreneur is a wonderful decision as it allows you to be your own boss, manage your time and put your ideas into work.
This truth I am about to share now might sound discouraging, but I have to say it.
Working under someone can pose great bondage and limitations to you. But being your own boss gives you every opportunity to work with your IQ and show what you have got which will be visible in your outputs and results.
Be that as it may, it is important to clearly state that some attitudes can ruin your desire to be an entrepreneur. It simply means that there are attitudes that disqualify you from being a successful Entrepreneur. In other words, If you must do well, you have to eliminate this entrepreneurship destroying attitude.
As a reminder, I would like to say that, being an entrepreneur comes with a lot of discipline, effort, and commitments, especially at the early stage. Sometimes you will have to work and work with lots of energy only to see little or no results– Only this is a green light that entrepreneur is not a name for everybody.
It is easier to start a business, but more difficult to remain in business. Entrepreneurship comes with a different spirit and energy. To thrive well in business, you need such a high and optimistic spirit.
We are not going to paint the story beautiful. If you have the traits I am about to list out, entrepreneurship isn't for you.
But, that doesn't mean that if you desire to be an entrepreneur, you can't eliminate these attitudes, of course, you can.
Below are the attributes that completely remove you from the list of entrepreneurs.
If you lack discipline, lack a whole lot in the entrepreneurship trait. Entrepreneurship has a lot to do with discipline. One problem a lot of people face today is because they are not willing to discipline their bodies and even leave their comfort zone.
You are so comfortable that you continue to settle for less than you deserve. You continue collecting peanuts for salary simply because you don't want to pay the price of starting yours from scratch.
Results have already proven that 98% of persons always remain in their comfort zone, and on the other hand, 2% do otherwise– The 2% are the real entrepreneurs: you see why entrepreneur is not a name for everyone.
According to one Bob Proctor, a 75-year old millionaire, all change happens outside your comfort zone or beyond what he calls the “terror barrier”. The terror barrier is the imaginary point at which fear usually causes us to stop trying in life. Whereas if we had gone on beyond this point, we would have found success.
Being an entrepreneur is about risk-taking and careful gambles. If you are completely averse to taking any risk, to trying even when you’re afraid, entrepreneurship might not be for you.
Show me a great entrepreneur, I will show you that he has persevered and is still persevering. If you have this unending quest for success, then you are ready to be an entrepreneur.
If you give up at every slightest failure, then you are not ready to be an entrepreneur. Just for you to know, Rome was never built in a day.
Must failures you encounter on your way are not real failures, they are milestones to success.
When giving up is never an option, then you are ready to be called an entrepreneur. From the inception of your business, it will never be rosy. Your little establishment needs time, maybe enough time before it can start growing.
If you belong to the category that believes in the get-rich-quick schemes, then entrepreneurship is completely not for you.
If you ask me, I would say that fixing another time to do it, is a careful excuse for not doing it at all. Who told you now is not the perfect time to solve the problem. Problems are enormous and the more you shift them, the more they accumulate to pose greater challenges.
Shifting the time you will do it, makes it impossible for you to do it. If you can't be an opportunist, you can't be an entrepreneur as well.