Erica Stanford wrote the book Crypto Wars. She spent the last year researching the biggest hacks and scams in crypto to then share them in her book. She covers faked death, missing billions, & industry disruption.
There are so many scams and just risky investments out there and so few people talking about it. Those who risk so much by calling out scams in order to help others should be applauded and have their voice amplified.
00:45 About Erica
04:30 Crypto Wars
08:21 Defining A Scam
15:12 What Can We Do?
18:20 NFTs & DeFi
24:00 Red Flags
28:50 Scam Demographics
33:10 Other Scams & Hacks
36:10 How To Protect Yourself
40:45 Legitimacy & Value
46:45 Scam Awareness
53:45 Drawing The Line
1:00:35 Risky Speculation
1:02:03 Will This Get Better?
1:04:20 The Next 5 Years
If thousands of people can lose billions of dollars in OneCoin, masterminded by the now infamous Missing Cryptoqueen made famous by the BBC's podcast series and called 'one of the biggest scams in history' by The Times, what makes you think your money is safe? OneCoin isn't alone. Crypto Wars reveals some of the most shocking scams affected millions of innocent people all around the world with everything from religious leaders to celebrities involved. In this book, you get exclusive access to the back story of the most extreme Ponzi schemes, the most bizarre hoaxes and brutal exit strategies from some of the biggest charlatans of crypto.
Crypto expert and educator, Erica Stanford, will show you how market-wide manipulation schemes, unregulated processes and a new collection of technologies that are often misunderstood, have been exploited to create the wild west of crypto, run by some less than reputable characters. From OneCoin to PonziCoin to Trumpcoin and everything in between, Crypto Wars uncovers the scandals, unpicks the system behind them and allows you to better understand a new technology that has the potential to revolutionize banking and our world for the better.
These are some of the questions we went over:
• Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
• How and when did you originally get into cryptocurrency
• Can you give us a brief introduction to Crypto Wars?
• How did Crypto Wars get its name and what was the original idea or motivation to start it?
• Can you share some notable scams and hacks with us?
• Are there any scams that you know of that are still ongoing?
• What makes a project a scam and not just a risky or bad project?
• What are red flags to look for and how can people protect themselves?
• Thoughts on Bitclout, and Hex?
• Is this going to get better or worse? What do we need to solve this? Can it be solved?
• Where do you see the crypto space going in the next year? The next 5 years? Specifically, regarding hacks and scams
• So where can everyone go to learn more about this?
Check out her book on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crypto-Wars-Billions-Industry-Disruption/dp/1398600687/. You can find here on Twitter @CryptoCurryClub
What do you think about Crypto Wars? Have you ever been scammed or rug pulled in crypto or otherwise? What red flags do you look for and avoid? What’s the “right” way to invest? Let us know if you have any further questions on Crypto Wars in the comments below and don’t forget to like and subscribe as well!
This is a LBRY first video meaning it shows up on LBRY before it gets published anywhere else. If you’re not on LBRY, sign up and get started here: https://odysee.com/$/invite/@ScottCBusiness:4
Check this video out on LBRY to support me with monetization and no ads: https://odysee.com/@ScottCBusiness:4/Erica-Stanford-Interview:a
*Disclaimer: This is not financial advice and is purely for entertainment purposes. What you see, hear, or read is my personal opinion, and any statements made are based on my views and should not be misconstrued as fact. My crypto portfolio may or may not be simulated*