Join 76,312 users and earn money for participation
read.cash is a platform where you could earn money (total earned by users so far: $ 542,951.23).
You could get tips for writing articles and comments, which are paid in Bitcoin Cash (BCH) cryptocurrency,
which can be spent on the Internet or converted to your local money.
Greetings my dear creative friends from Read.cash, I'm here again to show you my new project; it turns out that for some time now I've had the idea of learning how to make fabric dolls, I think it's a very simple technique and at the same time very productive because if I learn how to make them I could set up my own business for the upcoming Christmas season when all parents always want to give our children something special.
I know that this little doll is very simple, but it helped me to realise that I can do it and that I like the technique. They say that you have to start somewhere and now what I have to do is to enrol in courses or workshops where I can learn and perfect the technique. Unfortunately here where I live there are people who are experts in the field but they have not yet started to give classes for fear of the pandemic.
But never mind, in the meantime I want to keep trying and here I present my first baby doll.
Step by step and materials I used:
- This is the original pattern, what I did was to take it to a larger scale, I copied, traced the patterns and cut.
- For this, I used leather fleece blanket fabrics, green and you see, also stuffing, needle and thread.
- We will also need black buttons for the eyes, organza ribbon and wool or thread for the hair in the colour of your choice.
First I made the doll's face
- The first thing I did was to make the face, this step I took it easy as I consider that it is what attracts the most in a doll, for me it must be very pretty, sweet and inspire tenderness. For that I cut two circles in polar fleece and sewed them by hand with scallop stitch, I could also do it with machine sewing but I wanted to try it this way to show that you don't need a machine to do this kind of things. Then I made an opening in the back and turned it right side out, stuffed it and closed it again.
- With a long doll needle and skin-coloured thread I made some stitches and pressed hard to make a sort of depth where the nose and eyes are going to go.
- With a small circle with a diameter of 2 cm we make the nose; the mouth is made with several stitches at a certain distance from one side to the other with pink or fuchsia thread.
After finishing the face of the doll and seeing that everything was as I wanted, I continued with the other pieces. I made the sleeves very long and then I folded one of the ends inwards where the hand will go.
I did the same with the trousers, I made them very wide and long as you can see in the image and not in the shape of a point as in the original pattern. Each of these pieces are cut according to the pattern, so if you are interested in making it like mine you just have to enlarge the images as far as you want.
We fill in the body and join the body with the head, hands and feet.
There are some imperfections that need to be covered, such as the neck, so we take a piece of fabric or lace that matches and place it around the neck with safety stitches or silicone.
o Another important point is the decoration, you can make ribbons, hair with wool, or put a hat and a little bit of hair in front.
All the patterns are there, now it's up to you to get creative with the project; on the internet you can find lots of models and get more ideas from there.
I hope you liked my project today, I really believe that you should never get tired of learning, life is a constant learning process and you are your own animator, so if you can learn something new today, enjoy it.