During idle time, I try to reflect and think about the things going on around me. Here are a few of them which may probably help you realize what is truly more important in life.
1. Over the years, I always got pressured in inviting people who cared less about me and who I cared less as well. I give in and try to always relate, genuinely. However, I realized that it's okay not to spend time with people who don't matter to you. It is better than spending time with people who bad mouth you at your back. 😁
Make sure to always surround yourself with people who make you bloom and can grow with you positively. Life isn't about entertaining everyone, but being real with those who genuinely care for you. And even if you have people you cared less, always remember that it gives you no license to malign them. Be real but never become toxic. ALWAYS Keep your circle small and REAL. Remember that it is difficult to spot what is real with a TWO-FACED person.
2. I always felt that when you point out something and disagree, people always feel that you dislike and disrespect them. This is the stigma that I hope we can overcome in due time. Let's re-learn that when you disagree with someone, it doesn't mean hating him or her. It means you are listening and you want to be heard too.
3. Being faithful-- to those you love. Social media is never a medium that helps us say that one is faithful and loyal to his or her friends, partner. Don't be deceived.
I have seen someone who posts so much about his or her partner on Facebook and IG but unfortunately is trying to pursue someone else. It is sad, scary and disappointing. If you are guilty of this, it is never too late to be true to yourself and to the one you are with.
Don't be scared to hurt someone with the truth because pain heals but when you cheat on someone-- a friend or a partner, you scar him or her forever.
4. Getting out of your comfort zone. I have always been afraid and always tries to maintain status quo especially with my personal life. But they say, great things never come from comfort zones. So, I stopped being afraid and I have never been this happy. So you can try it too! 😁
5. Treat everyone right- even those who are not at your level. My eyes have seen so many people treating others better because they are the same or higher than them. It sickens me to see how people can treat you because of your status.
Treat everyone with kindness--not because they are kindhearted, but because you are. One of the greatest gifts we can give another is kindness. If someone is in need, lend a helping hand. Don't do it only for the people you like and respect--that's easy--but also for the ones who drive you crazy and those you don't even know. True kindness lies in the act of giving without the expectation of getting something in return.
Life is about helping each other up, not bringing others down so you can succeed. Remember, everyone has a story. Everyone has inner battles and issues. Withhold judgment and instead offer the consideration you'd like to receive.
6. Lastly, Appreciate those who have supported you, forgive those who have hurt you, help those who need you. Business is complicated, life is complex, and leadership is difficult. Treat all people--including yourself--with love and compassion, and you can't go wrong.
Treat people the way you want to be treated and life will instantly get better. ❤