Let us define "dream" first:
Dream is a series of pictures of events, fragments of our memory or stories that our mind create while we sleep. It can be romantic, exciting or terrifying. Science has made a huge leap in terms of medical researches but there are still no answer why we dream but there are existing theories regarding this matter and these are as follows:
- To represent our desires
- A component and form of memory processing
- An act by the brain to prepare itself to face challenges
- Offline memory reprocessing
- Meaningful reflections of mental functioning
There are a lot of factors that can affect our dream. It could be because of alcohol, drugs and even mental state of an individual individual.
* Nightmares on the other hand can be caused by stress, fear, trauma, illness, drugs or can be an indication of depression.
* Lucid dreaming ay isa sa pinaka-popular na topic sa ating lahat. It is a state of sleep where the dreamer knows na nananaginip siya and may full control siya sa panaginip niya.
* Eto yung feeling mo na gising ka pero hindi ka makagalaw, makahinga ng maayos at makapagsalita. It occurs when a person passes between stages of wakefulness and sleep
* A rare and potentially dangerous sleep disorder. Sinasabi na hindi lamang sila naglalakad na literal. They can go wild kahit tulog sila. Here are several cases of sleep walking:
- Woman having sex with strangers habang nag s-sleep walking
- A man who drove 22 miles and killed his cousin
- A sleepwalker who jumped out of the window and barely survived.
Categories of Dreams:
* Precognitive = are dreams that will foretell an important event that is about to happen
* Warning = dreams that often tell of an impending danger
* Factual = dreams that can tell hidden truths or various symbols that represents the dreamer
* Inspirational = a motivational dream to make positive changes in lives
* Wish fulfillment = dreams that help our minds cope with our inner desires
* Compensatory = dreams that satisfy ourselves. It can be sometimes sexual, lol
* Reconciliation = dreams that deal with the loss of someone special in our lives
1.) Being chased
* We are not paying too much attention sa mga bagay na hindi madalas mapansin na nangangailangan ng appreciation
* It can sometimes indicate that the dreamer feels the lack of control in their life
* It can be related to a dramatic change na nangyari sa dreamer.
* Relates on how much control we feel we have in our lives and the confidence to achieve our goals
* Indicates the act of letting go or indicates that something in our lives is out of control
* Psychological exposure or vulnerability
* Indicates an intimate connection between people, or simply the desire of wanting to have sex
* Majority of people cannot remember their dreams but if they do, just fragments of it.