Your Calling, Your Career: Finding the balance
February 13th, 2022.
Hello everyone, I actually don't know why February dates doesn't want to cooperate/agree with meat all. I've been making the mistake of writing January in most of my previous posts this year. I'll try as much as possible to check well before posting now.
There's no question that we all want to find meaning in our lives. For some, that comes from our careers. For others, it's finding our calling—something we're passionate about and feel compelled to do, regardless of the consequences.
Both are important, but finding the balance between the two can be tricky. How do we stay true to our calling without sacrificing our career? Or vice versa?
There's a lot of talk about finding your "calling" or "purpose" in life. But what happens when you find that calling, and it's not your career? How do you balance the two?
It's not always easy, but it is possible. You may need to make some adjustments, but with a little effort, you can find the balance you need.
I feel your career should support your calling and not the other way around.
For many of us, our calling seems to be in conflict with our career choices. We spend our days doing work we don’t care about, for people we don’t like, in a job that doesn’t fulfill us. This is the ultimate tragedy: We sacrifice our lives for something that isn’t authentic to us.
But it doesn’t have to be this way. We can find the balance between our calling and our career. We can create a life that is authentic and true to ourselves. It starts with understanding what our calling is and what it means for us. From there, we can create a career that supports our calling and helps us live a life that is meaningful and fulfilling.
We all have a calling, a unique purpose in life. And for many of us, that calling aligns with our career. But finding the balance between the two can be tricky. How do you stay true to your calling while also advancing your career?
It's not always easy, but it is possible. Here are a few tips to help you find the balance:
1) Listen to your heart. If you're feeling lost or confused, chances are you're not following your heart. When you're doing what you're truly meant to do, you'll feel happy and fulfilled.
2) Don't be afraid to take risks. Pursuing your calling can be scary, but it's worth it. Remember that you can't achieve your goals without taking risks.
3) Don't compare yourself to others. Everyone is on their own journey, and there's no right or wrong way to find the balance between your calling and your career.
4) Make time for both. It’s important to carve out time for both your calling and your career. Make sure you set aside time each day, week, or month to work on your calling, and don’t let your career take over completely.
5) Find a mentor. A mentor can help you find the balance between your calling and your career.
Everyone has a calling, a unique purpose in life. Your career is what you do to support your calling. Both are important, and both require balance.
It can be tough to find the right balance between our calling and our career. Sometimes we feel like we’re neglecting one or the other. But it’s important to remember that they both require our time and energy.
The key is to find what works for you. There is no one-size-fits-all answer. You may need to make some changes to your career in order to support your calling, or vice versa. But with a little effort, you can find the balance that works for you.