DATE: FRIDAY 21TH SEPTEMBER 2020
THEME: *PRAY WITHOUT CEASING*
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
THOUGHT FOR TODAY
*You can never pray enough, because we are to pray without ceasing.*
Prayers is the key for building and sustaining our relationship with God. It is impossible for anyone to have any functional relationship with God outside a regular and steadily growing prayer life.
A wise man once said: "Nobody can be more powerful than his or her prayer life." this means therefore that your prayer life reveals the state of your relationship with God.
*Prayer is a continuous spiritual exercise needed to sustain our spiritual life and walk with the Lord*. Hence today's memory verse says, "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints"
This means prayer is in different forms and types. And we are expected to employ all kinds of prayers to keep moving forward in our lives and destiny in God.
There are many reasons to pray always:
1. The need to be spiritually strong and sensitive to the leading of God for our lives always. Prayer is required to secure divine direction from God.
2. We are engaged in spiritual warfare which requires spiritual operation to deal with and stay victorious. Therefore we need to be prayerful.
3. We are dealing with a God who is a spirit and it will take a spiritual medium or channel to approach and to relate with Him. Prayer is that channel.
4. Some delays to answered prayers is not from God, sometimes there are powers to contend with in prayer and conquer to have spiritual breakthroughs, and some delays are just the test of our faith in God, while at other times we are not really ready for the things we are asking for from the Lord. However persistence in prayer makes a whole lot of sense in helping us breakthrough spiritually speaking.
5. Our family needs to be kept strong and safe with sustained prayers and supplication. Our children need a lot of prayers to grow up in the fear of God and to stay in the faith.
6. Our text today tells us to pray always for all the Saints across the globe
7. *The battle of spiritual delays in prayer are won from the altar of persistent praying*, etc.
The parable of the Lord Jesus in today's text shows how powerful it is to "Pray without ceasing"
*You can never pray enough because we are to pray without ceasing*. We should pray always to stay strong in our relationship with God. We should pray always to keep the faith. We should pray always to win the lost for the Lord, and as long as there are souls yet unsaved we are not to stop praying. We should keep at prayer until we see God face to face.
Believers who see prayers only as a tool for getting things from the Lord will not see the need for this bigger picture in praying.
We don't pray because of what we need or get from God but rather because of our dare need for God in our lives. We need Him all life long. *We can never have enough of Him, because He is our life.*
CULLED FROM THE BOOK. "THE POWER OF PRAYER" BY JEDIDIAH DAVID.
1. Start praying because you need God not because of what you get from Him. Relationship is the bedrock of everything in life. Therefore focus on building your relationship with God above everything else.
2. Pray for the peace of our nation and for the unsaved to be saved.
3. Pray for revival and restoration in the body of Christ Jesus.
Oh Lord God of host, restore and revive my prayer life today, set me on fire for you now and always in Jesus name.
I am a living sacrifice unto God, I cannot be wearied by circumstances and situations, am not deterred by delays. I am an eternal being with the energy of eternity in me. I will pray always because I need God more than anything else. I receive an undying love and grace to pray always in Jesus name.
*You can never pray enough because we are to pray always without ceasing.*
AUTHOR: JEDIDIAH DAVID
DAILY READINGS: Isaiah 64; Daniel 8; Mark 7; Col 3;
Pass me not, O gentle Saviour,
Hear my humble cry ;
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.
Saviour, Saviour, hear my humble cry
And while others Thou art calling, do
not pass me by !
Let me at a throne of mercy
Find a sweet relief;
Kneeling there in deep contrition,
Help my unbelief.
Trusting only in Thy merit,
Would I seek Thy face ;
Heal my wounded, broken spirit,
Save me by Thy grace.
Thou the spring of all my comfort,
More than life to me ;
Whom have I on earth beside Thee ?
Whom in heaven but Thee ?