Hello all, I hope we have yam lovers in the house.
My last recipe I posted on spaghetti, and I know for those who tried It, it was enjoyable, then for those who haven't look for my previous article on it, learn the procedure and enjoy.
Now here's another delicious special yam delicacy, it's called YAM BALLS.
This yam balls for me is the best way to enjoy your yam. It's not boiled or fried, it's a combination of both!
Ground nut oil
1. Peel, wash your yam and put on the fire
2. Set a mortar and pestle by the side
3. When your yam is done you bring it down and mash with the motar and pestle a bit
4. Fry a sauce made of your onions, pepper, garlic and ginger season to taste
5. Mix this sauce as you are marshing the yam, mix them properly, then use your hands to roll your mashed yam into ball like shape and you set aside.
6. Break your eggs in a bowl and season
7. Place a pan of ground nut oil on the fire and allow to bleach
7. Dip your already rolled yam balls into the egg and fry till brown.
Bring down and serve hot, your yam balls are ready, yummy.
You can serve with onion and pepper sauce
Kids love these a lot.
Hope you try this one out too.
Ask your questions if any
I love the way you are promoting Africa dishes to have international appeal. This your yam balls will definitely come to my table tomorrow, am going for it. The recipe is so simple to use