read.cash is a platform where you could earn money (total earned by users so far: $ 844,491.56).
You could get tips for writing articles and comments, which are paid in Bitcoin Cash (BCH) cryptocurrency,
which can be spent on the Internet or converted to your local money.
It was early summer with the leaves just barely coming out (yes, leaves come only in May here). Overnight it had rained a lot but when I went out for a walk in the morning, the sun was already shining. I saw the beautiful droplets on a plant, and I immediately imagined a photo with a shallow depth of field; of course, macro.
I took my camera and realised that I have an ISO 400 film. That's not going to work, I thought. I put the Vivitar 90mm f/2.8 and metered the exposure. It looked slightly overexposed but not much. I was worried that I might ruin the frame but decided to try anyway. Holding my breath, doing the final adjustment to the focus, carefully clicking the shutter, and it was done. I was nervous that the photos would fail, so I also took photos with my DSLR. I can share them in a post in another community if you are curious.
After developing the film, I noticed my macro frames were quite well exposed and with little loss of highlight detail. The bokeh turned out better than expected. I am really happy with it. They make the picture dreamier, yet the focus falls on the big droplet. The first of the two frames is a tiny bit front-focused, but given that it was a handheld 1:1 macro, I'm not going to cry over it. Besides, the droplets are huge compared to the depth of field, so some part of the big ones is always going to be a tiny bit out of focus.
This article is (or will be) reposted on my other blogging and social profiles.