Dear readers, through a series of articles, I want to transmit in an easy and simple way information that I have received over the years. Everything that in my opinion is important in an evening, to make sense and get the end you want.
Evening: massive aesthetic-expressive activity under a warm climate where theatricalizations, songs, applause, bravos, and all kinds of activities identical to those performed at a bonfire, except that there is no fire, but artificial light.
This is a very vague definition of what an evening in a recreational activity really is. The evening is more than a simple meeting of people, it is a meeting of friendship. We could say that the evening is perhaps the most awaited activity by all campers. What makes it special is that in it they are the protagonists and at the same time the spectators. The most important thing about an evening is that it is one of the activities that the campers look forward to, because in it they are the ones who organize, direct and to a certain extent play the role of monitors, which is usually important and exciting for them.
The place of execution of an evening is as important as the activities to be carried out, because we can have the best idea to carry out the best activities, but if the selected place is not the appropriate one, what in our mind we saw as a pleasant evening will turn into something boring. It is also necessary to take into account whether our evening is indoors or outdoors, it is necessary to pay close attention to every detail of the planning.
Indoor soirees: The physical place must be large enough to develop with tranquility and comfort, contemplating that the dances, games and corresponding activities are developed. It is not only necessary to consider the area where the performance will take place, but also the area where the audience will be seated, since it is an activity in which volunteers are requested, people participate from their seats or even everyone ends up in the stage area, it should be taken into account that the seating arrangement facilitates the exit to the stage. Usually the space chosen is usually the dining room of the establishment and an open room, which usually requires several rows of chairs. It is important not to forget to make a central aisle and leave space between the rows and the walls to have side aisles. It is also important to think about the place where the volunteers will be taken outside, as we often block it with chairs.
Outdoor evenings: We must be very aware of the lighting, because if it fails us, no matter how well prepared the evening is, it will be an absolute disaster, because the participants will not see the numbers. If the establishment has lampposts we must see the illumination that they reach, because sometimes to illuminate the way they are fine, but to illuminate a show the light will not be enough, taking into account that those who make the evening if they will be under the spotlight, but the participants will be farther away from it. If we encounter this type of problem, an ideal solution is to ask for the collaboration of others responsible for the activity and to stand behind the public and direct the light of the lanterns towards the central track, so that it will have more light and at the same time will illuminate at least partially, the area destined to the public.
It is necessary to differentiate the campfire from a soiree.
What fundamentally differentiates both things is the fire; if there is one, it is a campfire; if there is not, it is a soiree. What happens is that this small difference drags a lot of other differences, but in reality they are all a consequence of each other. It should be noted that nowadays campfires are forbidden in most of the autonomous communities, even if the establishment has an area enabled for campfires.
The main differences are:
- The location: the evening gives us the possibility of being able to carry it outdoors or indoors. The fire does not.
- The weather: in a fire, obviously it influences a lot the night, if it rains, it is very cold or it is a night with a lot of wind the realization of the fire will be very difficult or impossible. Meanwhile, in an evening, if there is the possibility of doing it indoors, the weather does not affect us at all.
- Comfort: the participants will most likely be seated on chairs or benches, especially if it is held indoors. In general, an evening is more comfortable, because the fires either do not have seats as such, or if they do, they are in the form of a grandstand and are usually quite large, so it is not usually comfortable for almost anyone.
- Mobility: a fire must always be made in the area prepared for it, while an evening, one day can be done in one area and another day in another.
- Safety: there is no danger, since there is no fire.
- Sound: as long as the evening is indoors, the voice will be less strained, and the participants will hear everything better. It also gives us the possibility to play music, and be sure that it will be heard.
- Decoration: as with the sound, as long as the evening is indoors, it allows us to decorate the walls, hang things or have a small dressing room where we can change clothes for the performances.
In conclusion for the campers the evening is full of magic, it allows them to live with an audience predisposed to enjoy and participate in everything they can. Whether games, songs, jokes, costumes, and a whole series of activities; that although the nerves take hold of them when participating will come a time where that will pass to a second place. Once we are clear about the importance of an evening within the free time activities, let's learn how to prepare it well.