PREP TIME:10 MINUTES
COOK TIME:30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME:40 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 6 PIECES
KEYWORD:WALNUT HALWA RECIPE
• 1 cup (150 grams) of walnut
• ¼ cup of ghee / clarified butter
• ¾ cup of milk
• ½ cup of sugar
• few threads of kesar/ saffron
• ¼ tablespoon of cardamom powder
INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO PREPARE/COOK
1. Let us start first,take 1 cup of walnut in a pan dry roast on low flame.
2. roast until the nuts turn change color and crunchy slightly.
3. when they cool completely, and transfer to a mixi/mixer blending to a coarse powder.
4. now take ¼ cup ghee in a large kadai heat and add walnut powder.
5. saute on low/medium flame until the ghee is completely absorbed in it.
6. now add ½ cup sugar ,¾ cup milk and few thread saffron.
7. mix continuously until everything is well mixed and combined.
8. continue to mix till it texture turns silky smooth.
9. after 15-20 minutes, the mixture will turn thicken.
10. and the mixture will start to separate the pan oozing out the ghee its mean its a time to add more ingredient to raise some flavor.
11. now add ¼ tsp cardamom powder and mix it well.
12. cook until the mixture will start to hold the shape and turns frothy.
13. take a box lined with butter paper and transfer the mixture in it.
14. level it up and then top with chopped walnuts.
15. press gently and rest for 30-35 minutes or until the halwa is set well or hard.
16. cut into pieces of the desired shape as you like.
17. finally, enjoy walnut halwa for a week when stored in an airtight container and enjoy with your family and friends.