Everyone here has some sort of crypto portfolio depending on their strategy and risk taking appetite and the funds available with them. I am not a big fish here, so my funds are limited and therefore I cannot play around much. For this reason I do not FOMO in to every promising coin to make some quick buck. I am rather the hodler mentality type where I can live with a steady holding and smaller gains. My purpose is to select some coins which I feel will be good for long term holding, may be 2 to 3 more market cycles. I tried my hand in trading a bit and it reinforced my doubt that I would suck at it. So let me disclose my portfolio.
1) BITCOIN- BTC being the king of the market I have bought some of it, in fact it is only in decimals. The purpose I bought it is because being the first crypto currency that dreamt of creating a decentralized financial environment, just as a mark of honor to that concept. The dream to dare to challenge the biggest financial institutions and even governments deserves some respect.
2) ETHEREUM- I am holding some eth because it has the potential to take the dream of Satoshi further ahead and make it a reality for everyone. Whereas BTC due to its inherent limitation has become a store value, eth has the potential to take crypto currency to the homes of everyone.
3) CHAINLINK- It being the biggest oracle service provider and all big and small projects has a requirement for it. It has a great and proactive team and is always innovating. So I feel that it has the potential to grow as the crypto ecosystem grows.
4) MATIC (POLYGON) - Matic is presently the reigning king of layer 2 solution which has at least temporarily given a fix to the high eth fees. With its rebranding as Polygon, it is trying to create its own defi ecosystem within the layer 2 solution and has been pretty successful till now. This year nothing could beat the price action of matic.
5) CEL- It is the main token of Celsius network and has its use in the reward percentage.
6) POLKADOT- I am also holding pokladot in the same expectation as cardano- as a potential ‘eth of 2015’. I did not buy eth in those initial days so what I could make out that Polkadot and cardano has the potential to be the next eth, may be not as a competitor but as a parallel smart contract solution platform. So basically I am trying my luck with these two to be as profitable as eth.
7) CARDANO- I am holding some cardano as it is developing as a potential ‘eth of 2015’. The technology behind cardano is said to be answering the shortcomings of eth at present, and it is also developing as a complete ecosystem with option for eth based projects to seamlessly switch to cardano network if they wish to. It will be cheaper and faster than Ethereum. I am staking my cardano in atomic wallet.
8) CAKE- Since Eth fees skyrocketed I shifted some of my investments to Binance smart chain. Pancakeswap being the biggest one on BSC I decided to stick to that and that too the primary token on Pancakeswap that is cake token. I am staking some which gives me decent rewards which I use to buy the above mentioned coins. So till now I have been able to create this passive source to augment my portfolio. I hold a little bit of BNB to pay the fees here.
9) UST- It is an algorithmic based stable coin on anchor protocol that gives around 18-20 percent APY. Some of my withdrawals from cake are transferred to UST as a hedge against bear market.
10) Bitcoin cash (BCH) - My BCH holding is closest to my heart as it is my earning from this platform and some additional purchases when the price dips a lot. BCH has the most use case particularly as a peer to peer payment system provided it is accepted, but unfortunately not in India. I am hodling all my BCH as it mimics BTC price movement and therefore I expect it to go higher.
The first 6 have been kept in Celsius Network where I earn some interest out of my holdings every week, so basically my portfolio is increasing slowly. Though it is a Cefi but it is a very good and transparent platform so chances or rug pull are almost nil. As it is not a defi so there is no chance of exploiting smart contracts to siphon out funds. It is very much security conscious so it takes all the steps to prevent hacks. It is now introducing insurance to protect investor funds. In app swap and credit card is coming so CN in itself will be a self sufficient ecosystem catering to its customers. It also has no withdrawal fees of any kind. With time and situation this list can be reviewed also, adding new and dropping old one's.
My crypto is spread across three platforms, Celsius Network, Anchor Protocol and Pancakeswap as a risk management and diversification. My aim has been to choose coins based on use cases as I believe as the market will mature and evolve then most shitcoins will be extinct and only the coins with good use cases will survive. Though there are many other coins with good use cases but I did not over stretch my portfolio due to funds limitation.
The Indian Government has still not made its position clear on crypto currency. If it decides to ban it then I will have no other option but to sell them perforce and say bye bye to crypto. Otherwise my aim is to create a system where I can gather interest income every month to supplement my pension. If the government favors then I will continue increasing my portfolio till 2023 and then start taking out my monthly profits in fiat. So I am in the accumulation phase now. The ultimate aim would be to bequeath my crypto currency to my son so that he also enjoys the passive income source or whatever he wants to do with it.