Where we are heading to??
1. Article 48 of the Bangladesh constitution says the government should work for the ban of alcohol.
2. Govt. and other health agencies are confirmed and issued "alcohol and tobacco consumption is injuries to health"
3. More then 50% of students in teenagers are habitual drinkers and letting their parents hard-earned money and governments scholarship into a dump yard.
4. NIMANHS and WHO finds alcohol have a severe impect on the physical and mental health of a person and we are losing our youth's death.
5. It is reported that 50% of income is spent on alcohol and tobacco by middle income earners and making the poor even poorer.
6. It is reported that 40% of crimes against women are associated with alcoholic person. However, we are issuing 100s of new licenses to open the shops.
7. It is known that many financial support schemes by the government including scholarship to students are spending on alcohol and tobacco.
8. The human capital and economic capital are under the hard hand of this menace.
9. More than 60% of road accidents are associated with alcohol consumption.
10. And at last, both the government and we everyone knows that It is Bad only still why there is no more to prohibit it? State and no one should earn (taxes) for the sake of heath and security of the society.
It you really want money then increase the tax on our income but don't kill us by feeding alcohol and nicotine to our fellow lives.