Somebody took his facebook handle and mock president Muhammad Buhari of Nigeria. Here are what he had to say:
Buhari’s great achievements so far this year:
1. Surging food price due to anti-masses policies;
2. Doubling electricity tariffs;
3. Exponentially increasing petrol price;
4. Spending billions on coronavirus palliatives with very few real beneficiaries;
5. Taking multiple loans;
6. Heighten insecurity and kidnappings;
7. Making life more and more unbearable.
This is happening when other countries are taking measures to cushion the effect of Covid-19 on their citizens.
Meanwhile, we haven’t seen a corresponding cut in the president’s prohibitively expensive life; and his officials continue to relish their affluence. Double standards!