We all already know that collagen deficiency promotes joint and bone problems, accelerates rapid and visible aging, wrinkles, sagging and sagging skin, and frizzy and falling hair.
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and is found in muscles, tissues, bones, joints, blood vessels and in the digestive system. It is part of the connective tissue and is involved in just about every body structure. It consists of the heart, lungs, kidneys, arteries, joints, ligaments, cartilage, bones, nails, skin, hair, muscles, liver, intestines, genitals, spleen, brain and many other organs. As we age, collagen production declines rapidly and this decline, which begins as early as age 25, affects many bodily functions.
Collagen holds our body together and is responsible for skin elasticity, strength and hair growth, connective tissue and acts as a "glue" in the body. It is an integral part of the cells from which hormones are formed and is therefore extremely important for our body. Collagen is therefore a long chain of amino acids, the most abundant protein in the body. It consists of individual amino acids such as glycine, proline, hydroxyproline and arginine. The collagen molecule is built in a similar way to DNA - only it's a triple helix, not a double helix of the chain system. If we divide this structure of the molecule into smaller sections, we get the basic building blocks of collagen peptides. These make up more than 28 different types of collagen in the body.
When collagen levels are high, the skin is soft, smooth and firm, as collagen helps skin cells to regenerate and regenerate, it also helps maintain skin moisture. As the body ages, it produces less and less collagen, and its production is prevented by sugar, caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, UV radiation, certain medications, intensive care, deficiencies of vitamins, minerals, proteins and enzymes, and stress.
What are the natural ways you can stimulate collagen formation?
1. Hyaluronic acid Hyaluronic acid is an important compound for the formation of collagen in the skin and is found in foods rich in amino acids. Enjoy chickpeas, lentils, peas, beans, soybeans, grapefruit, oranges, lemons, sweet potatoes, carrots, spinach, motovilec and other green leafy vegetables.
2) Vitamin C Vitamin C helps to create more collagen in the body, it also prevents the rapid breakdown of collagen in the body caused by UV radiation. Enjoy blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, grapefruits, lemons, peppers, tomatoes, spinach, and broccoli and cabbage.
3) Aloe vera gel Consumption of aloe vera has been shown to be very beneficial in increasing the synthesis and production of collagen and hyaluronic acid in the body. Use aloe vera as a poultice for damaged skin and enjoy its juice.
4) Ginger Ginger has many anti-inflammatory properties, it also increases the amount of collagen in the body and helps its formation, and due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it prevents excessive and too rapid breakdown of this important protein.
5) Antioxidants Antioxidants are substances that help protect our body from free radicals, which cause degenerative consequences and many inflammations. Antioxidants increase the formation of collagen in the body and prevent its deterioration. Enjoy green teas, preferably matcha, blueberries, licorice extract, mulberries, pomegranate, cinnamon and essential oils of basil, oregano and thyme.
6) Retinol in creams Retinol is a type of antioxidant that prevents and blocks certain enzymes that destroy collagen in the skin, so it is very often found in skin creams.
7) PRP therapy PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) is a platelet-rich plasma and is a natural and safe method obtained from our own blood. From concentrated plasma, which is rich in platelets and important growth factors and stem cells, we stimulate completely natural and efficient regeneration processes in the affected area. The goal of PRP skin rejuvenation therapy is to improve skin tone and texture, tighten the skin, reduce scars, and soften lines and pores.
Platelets are cells in the blood that help heal tissues and promote the growth of new cells. When PRP is injected into specific areas of the skin, it acts as a matrix that encourages our own collagen to grow and regenerate tissue and accelerate the skin’s regeneration process. Due to platelet plasma therapy, the skin is regenerated, the formation and transformation of collagen is stimulated, new capillaries are formed, the skin becomes smooth, fresh, elastic and more toned. Wrinkles, scars, stretch marks and pigment spots are reduced, and the skin also looks fresher and pinker. Platelet plasma can also be recommended as an adjunct therapy for faster healing in major cosmetic procedures and even as a natural means of activating hair growth in baldness.
8) Protect the skin UV radiation, wind, cold, dry air, all of this damages our skin, accelerates the breakdown of collagen and prevents its formation. Therefore, wear UV sunglasses, use UV sunscreens, wear UV-resistant clothing and do not expose yourself to direct sunlight. Clean your skin regularly in the evening and use moisturizers.
Collagen as a dietary supplement?
You cannot apply collagen to your skin as it will not help you in this way as its molecules are too big to penetrate inside our skin. Also, collagen molecules are too big if you drink it and want to increase its amount in the body. The only dietary supplement that promotes the formation of collagen molecules is the intake of collagen peptides, the smallest particles of collagen that create new collagen fibers in the body.
How to choose the right type of collagen?
All 28 types of collagen are formed in the body from collagen peptides, the smallest particles of molecules. The smaller the molecules, the easier they are absorbed by the body. Therefore, it is important to choose collagen where the long molecular chains are broken down into smaller peptide chains. This makes them easier to absorb where they are lacking, and when the molecular weight of hydrocollagen is below 2000 daltons, as much as 98% of hydrocollagen is absorbed within one hour.
It is also very important that the hydrocollagen you choose is further enriched with the optimal ratio of isolates for the formation of collagen of key amino acids and is processed in such a way that it does not need to be further broken down in the stomach, but is absorbed 98% intact in the blood. circulation. Also, when buying, make sure that it contains only pure and natural ingredients, no preservatives, artificial sweeteners, artificial colors, that it is lactose-free, gluten-free and GMO-free.
Thank you for reading my article.
I send you much love and hugs!