UEFA Champions League Fantasy Football - Round 1 Review
The UEFA Champions League 2022-2023 season started on the 6th of September and the second season of the Club1BCH Fantasy Football Tournament kicked off in style!
Different set-up, different rules, and 0.5 BCH entry fee to increase the compactivity and the prize pool! The raised Bitcoin Cash will be shared between the top four managers and a little share will go to charity!
What a day to remember in Croatia! Dinamo Zagreb won against Chelsea and left Tuchel without a job. Short 1-0 for the underdogs against the reigning champions, in a game that showed again how unpredictable football is.
Easy 3-0 wins for Dortmund and Real Madrid, four goals scored by Shakhtar and Manchester City, and a hard worked 2-1 for PSG against Juventus.
Salzburg struggled against AC Milan but somehow managed to finish the game level, while Benfica continues the good spell with a 2-0 win against Maccabi Haifa.
Top games and two blockbusters, Inter v Bayern Munich and Napoli v Liverpool! Bayern was the better side and scored twice against a sterile Inter, while Napoli made a perfect game and won 4-1 against Liverpool.
Two victories at 4 goals difference at Amsterdam ArenA and Nou Camp. Ajax won 4-0 against Rangers, and Barcelona 5-1 against Plzen.
Atletico won against Porto in injury times, and Griezmann keeps playing under 30 minutes. This strategy will avoid a 35,000,000 euros transfer fee and leave Barca in trouble.
Sporting won 3-0 at the Europa League winners, while Club Brugge out-classed the Leverkusen pharmacists. Spurs played badly but scored twice against Marseille.
Was a high-point round in the Club1BCH Fantasy League, and owolapado is the first leader of the tournament. He managed to earn 123 points in the first round, a huge achievement, and announced his title bid! Japi was the other manager to reach a "century", with 101 points.
The team set-up was All-In on strikers, with the trident upfront summing 59 points. The synergy of the team was outstanding, and even the cheap team fill-ups earned some good points. Let's see if the Pep tactic will bring the same level of success in the second round.
I've done 79 points, and I would be happy with this amount any other round but not this one. Every single player from the starting eleven could have earned more than Benzema, and choosing Haaland or Sane could have boosted me over 90 points.
Registration still open! Users can still join the Fantasy Football Tournament until the start of Round Two. Drop me a DM, or comment in the article if you want to participate. Send the 0.05 BCH entry fee and you will receive the invite after the confirmation.
Join the competition, show off your skills and win Bitcoin Cash! If you want to donate any amount for the competition feel free to drop some Bitcoin Cash at:
The prize pot will be shared between the top 4 managers. The winner will receive 45% of the pot, the runner-up will receive 25%, with 15% for the third place and 5% for the manager that will finish the season on the 4th place.
The above prizes will add up to 90%, and the remaining 10% will go to The Giving Block. Based on the current values, 0.45 BCH will be shared between managers and 0.05 BCH for charity.
The crypto charity donations were simplified by The Giving Block , the best place to use crypto for charity. The Giving Block was founded in 2018, and since then is implementing new fundraising methods emerging from the cryptocurrency landscape.
The last Club1BCH campaign raised over $3000 for Save the Children! Bityard has donated big bags of $SHIBA and my SuperUMAn buddy, EASports, donated $150 worth of $ETH. To be as cool as he is - I matched his donation in Ethereum. We sent 6.658 $BCH ($2,250 on the day) to The Giving Block and the transaction was confirmed in only few minutes. See the Save the Children receipt below:
Club1BCH social media links:
Amazon author page: PV Mihalache