Baitul Mukarram,a beautiful architectural style,stands tall in the heart of the capital Dhaka's platoon.This is the national mosque of Bangladesh.The Baitul Mukarram Mosque Society was formed in 1959 to build a high-capacity mosque in Dhaka by the then prominent industrialist Latif Bawani and his nephew Yahya Bawani.
The entire mosque complex was designed by Abdul Hussain Thariani, a prominent architect from Sindh.The design includes shops, offices, libraries, car parking and other facilities.
The first congregation of the mosque was held on Friday, January 25, 1983. In this very beautiful and captivating mosque, 30,000 devotees can perform prayers together. It is the tenth largest mosque in the world in terms of capacity.
It is located in the heart of Dhanbari upazila of Tangail municipality.
The first piece of the mosque was built by two brothers of Turkish descent, Ispinjar Khan and Monwar Khan. Later, the mosque was expanded by Nawab Syed Nawab Ali Chowdhury, the first proponent of Bengali language, one of the founding members of Dhaka University, the first Chief Minister of United Bengal and a famous personality of Dhanbari.
Today it differs from a square mosque and the typical three-domed rectangular Mughal mosque.Next to the mosque there are paved ghats and cemeteries. Nawab Bahadur Syed Nawab Ali Chowdhury is sleeping here forever.
An ancient mosque located in the south-west of Bagerhat district in Khulna division.Looking at the architectural style of the mosque, there is no doubt that it was built by Khan-i-Jahan. He is thought to have built it in the 1500s.
The east wall of the mosque has 11 huge arched doors. The middle door is bigger than the others. There are seven doors on the north and south walls. There are four minarets in the four corners of the mosque. Their designs are round and narrow at the top. They have circular bands near the cornice and round domes at the apex.There are 70 pillars inside the mosque. These are located in six rows from north to south and have 10 pillars in each row.These 70 pillars and the surrounding walls are covered with domes.
Although the name of the mosque is sixty-domed mosque, there are not 60 domes at all, but a total of 8 domes in 11 rows.According to some, Khan-i-Jahan used this mosque as a courthouse in addition to prayers, and this door was the entrance to the courthouse. Some say that the mosque was also used as a madrasa.
The Bajra Shahi Mosque is a shining example of Mughal architecture, located at Bajra in Sonaimuri Upazila, about 15 km north of Maijdi, the heart of Noakhali district.
About three hundred years ago, in 1641, the Mughal zamindar Aman Ullah Khan built this mosque in the style of the famous Jame Mosque in Delhi, which still attracts the attention of domestic and foreign tourists as a unique example of Mughal architecture.About 118 feet long, 64 feet wide and 20 feet high, this three-domed mosque will fascinate anyone.The foundation was laid from about 20 feet below the ground to strengthen the mosque. The domes were adorned with beautiful marble stones. There are three arched doors to enter the mosque. There are several domes above the entrance. On the west wall are three arched arches.Every day many people from far and wide pray in this mosque.
The historic Tara Mosque is inlaid with blue stars on a white marble dome. It is located on Abul Khairat Road in Armanitola, Old Dhaka, then known as Mahalla Ale Abu Sayeed. The mosque was built in the early eighteenth century.
The former name of the mosque is Mirza Sahib's Mosque. It is known that Ale Abu Sayeed (later named Armanitola) came to Dhaka Mahalla Ale in the eighteenth century. He built this mosque. In the old days it was well known as the mosque of Mirza Sahib.Later in 1926, Ali Jan Bepari, a local businessman from Dhaka, renovated the mosque.At present the mosque is 60 feet (21.34 m) long and 26 feet (6.98 m) wide.
The current Imam of the mosque is Maulana Yusuf bin Abdul Majid. He is a famous scholar and writer of Dhaka.