Smoking and all kinds of drugs are forbidden in Islam. There are different methods of smoking in our society. Such as bidis, cigarettes, lead, hookah etc.
Similarly, people consume roses, jordans, tobacco, etc. in different ways. These are all drugs. That is why it is haraam to consume them. Because, scientifically, these have been proven to be deadly harmful to the human body.
Experts say lead is more harmful than ordinary bidi-cigarettes. Leading cancer is on the rise. They also say that once lead is consumed, it causes more harm than smoking 200 cigarettes.
Now, let's talk about the reasons why smoking is forbidden in Islam.
For all the reasons that smoking is forbidden:
▪ 1) Smoking is harmful to health and causes various diseases. So smoking is the name of pushing oneself towards destruction. But in Islam it is haraam to push oneself towards destruction. (Surat al-Baqara: 195)
72. This is one of the causes of death. So smoking is tantamount to suicide. And suicide is a serious crime in Islam.
63. Through this, the smoker harms others as he harms himself.
In Islam, it is haraam to harm oneself or others. (Muwatta Malik)
74) Stinky. Which is the cause of the suffering of others. It is haraam to hurt a Muslim. (Surat al-Ahzab: 56)
63. Waste of money. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): (Surah Isra: 28)
▪ 5) It is an unclean object. Allah Ta'ala forbids eating unclean things. (Araf: 156)
6) It is a public sin. And the punishment for wickedness in public is even greater.
7) Violation of God's command. For, Allah Ta'ala has commanded to eat the sacred and halal things. (Surat al-Baqara: 182)
▪ 6) Tobacco is included in drugs. All kinds of drugs, more or less, are forbidden in Islam. (Tirmidhi, Abu Dawood, Ibn Majah)