I've had a horrible accident in my house which made me realise that each and every object is either compatible with any other object or the wise versa. In my case, I learned it the hard way that water or any liquid doesn't go well with he live electrical cables. I've had disinfectants sprayed all over my house recently and a few sockets in my kitchen were not completely fitted on the wall as you can see from the picture above.
So the guy sprayed the liquid in all corners of the kitchen. Then he went on to spray at the edges of the shelves. He didn't just spray it there, he sort of poured the chemical at the edges of it. I was there the whole time coz I heard that these guys dont normally do a good work if not supervised.
After the he moved on to other rooms and sprayed all over. As he was about to finish up, there are a loud boom and i could see smoke and massive burning smell.coming from the kitchen. The funny part was when this happened, the pesticide guy ran outside the house and me towards the kitchen, it was such a filmy scene and i still laugh when i can imagine the whole scenario. It was scary but funny as hell as well.
So I rushed to the kitchen and I could only see smoke in there. I knew the liquid had definitely something to do with it but i couldn't figure out where it happened. The first thing I did at that time was turned all the breakers off and my house went into dark age lol.
I found the burned switch board and sealed it off with paper tapes as i couldn't think of anything else. The switch had some open wires init that were not completely insulated while installation and when the water/chemical touched the live cable it sparked which resulted in some cooked sockets and all the cables inside my wall.
I was lucky in a sense that it didnt escalate and there was some cut off along the way that avoided the spark to reach the panel or else God knows what could have happened.
So, the moral of the story is, always take precautions while doing something new. I learned my lesson the hard way, and i really hope there is something for everyone reading it to get.
I am sorry that you learned it the hard way but safety is our number one priority and you should always take necessary measures to avoid any future incidents