Dates are the fruit of the date palm tree, which is grown in many tropical regions of the world. Thousand years ago which was discovered, dates were known to have it's healing powers.
Dates have been a staple food of the Middle East and the Indus Valley. They believed to have originated around what is now Iraq, however Egyptians were known to have made wine with dates. There are many different types of dates, having a different texture, taste and color. The unripe fruits are yellow or red in color and they become brown. It can be consumed fresh or in dried form.
1. Dates help in promoting heart health. It is rich in potassium which helps in boosting heart health.
2. Dates improve the digestive health of the body. Both soluble and insoluble fiber, which helps in maintaining good bowel movement that leads to healthy digestion.
3. Dates help in strengthening the bones. It is rich in selenium, copper, magnesium and potassium, which is good for the bones.
4. Dates help in maintaining healthy nervous system. It is rich in vitamins and minerals, which helps in boosting the nervous system.
5. Dates are good for anemia because it is rich in iron, which helps in boosting the iron levels in the body. It help in giving relief against allergies because it consist of organic sulfur which helps the reducing the allergic reaction in the body.
6. Dates are good for the skin. It is high in nutrition and vitamins. And good for the hair too.
Thats all the health benefits of dates. Eating of dates is in moderation only because it can lead to diarrhea.
Hope you enjoyed reading this article of mine.
Good night for now.