.our main focus in this lecture is Content-based poetry.
* Content-based poetry:
We consider free verse poems in this category in which only feelings and thoughts are artistically penned on trauplin. Moreover, it is further divided into the following subtypes:
1) Lyrical poetry:
It is a common and wide branch of poetry in poets/lyricists write on a serious topic. For example,
Oh! Glorious spring, how amazing you are?
You are both truth's beauty and light.
In this kind of poetry, poets usually use dramatic dialogues to captivate the reader's mind. Let's take an example in following stanza:
Your affirmations are pointless. The world exists within and around you.
The world does not care how you feel about it.
This is the truth.
The poetry which is written on any special occasion like wedding, war, death etc. Let's take an example of poem written on an occasion of wedding:
A true voice of grace
Hand of encouragement you place
Always there, with smile
In laughter, we escape for a while.
Today, i celebrate a gift.
God blessed me with in you!
The poems in this category are usually love songs written especially for movies, plays and dramas. Following is the sonet:
The time will come
When, with elation
You will greet yourself arriving
At your own door, in your own mirror
And each with smile at other's welcome.
In this category, the poets usually pen poems based on topics which have great cause or reason. For an example, let's take a look into following stanza:
It is the human soul entire,
Squeezed like a lemon or lime,
Drop by drop into atomic words.
* Descriptive poetry:
In this type of poetry, poems have a great lesson to be learnt. In Addition, descriptive poetry deals with great depiction of person, animals and inanimate person. Following stanza is an example of descriptive poetry:
Soft upon my eyelashes
Turning my cheeks to pink.
Softly falling, falling
Not a sound in air.
And its a memory.
• Collection of poems written with stanzas that have two lines. 2 line stanzas are called Couplets.
• A 3-line stanza of any kind is called a tercet.
• Stanzas of 4 lines are called Quatrains
• A Quintain, sometimes called a Quintet, is a poem or stanza with 5 lines
• A 6-line stanza is called sestet
• A 7-line stanza of any kind is called a septet
Tag me in your poetry following these rules for the competition that will end on 21st June
• poetry should be your original writing.
• it can be free or rhythmed poetry
• The result will be judged by the admin panel
• Abuse, harsh words or insult in poetry or comment section will not be excused.
• participants are required to write their name and #English poetry while submitting their poetry otherwise the poetry will not be approved and tag me in your poetry
• we are looking forward to your beautiful creation. Best of luck.