An aroma is a pleasant smell or odour emitted from a substance or body.
From the book of II corinthians chapter 2, Apostle Paul elucidated that whenever talk or act, we should cause others to experience the love of Jesus in us, which is the aroma in us. God sovereignly provided a great evangelistic opportunity for Apostle Paul.He wrote to the Church in Corinth, telling them to forgive the man who caused them trouble.Our life is an aroma presented by Christ to God.This aroma is perceived by those who are being saved and by those who are perishing.
1. If God does not send you and open the door for you to minister, you can forget being successful in your journey.
2. Because of the success of his preaching, Apostle Paul was assured that this opportunity was from God which causes him to soar higher and led him to the planting of churches. As a Christian, I must avoid causing others pain and sadness lest I be made sad by those who ought to give me the greatest joy.
3. Apostle Paul told the Corinthians to forgive and comfort the man who caused them trouble because he has been punished enough by the unification of their judgment against him. He told them to show him the love that the sinner might not be so discouraged that he won't be able to recover and that Satan might not outsmart them.
My life is an aroma presented by Christ to God.But this aroma is perceived differently by those who are being saved and by those who are perishing.It is a fearful smell of death and doom to those who are perishing and life-giving perfume to those who are being saved.
1. I will always go to where God sent me and enter each door He opens for me.
2. I will never abuse any opportunity given to me by God.
3. I will not cause others pain and sadness.
4. My happiness will depend on the happiness of others.
5. I will forgive all those who cause me pain.
6. I will always tell of the Lord and spread His Good News to the people.
Anything that made a sweet savor to God had been totally dedicated to God.As a believer dedicated to God it is not my responsibility whether the message is accepted or rejected.God appreciates me just as much for bringing His message to those who will not accept it, as He does to those who do accept it.Either way, I have pleased God.
Father, I pray that may my life be a living sacrifice - a burnt offering that becomes as a sweet-smelling perfume of the knowledge of Him in every place you may choose to send me, in Jesus' name. Amen.