Advantages of practicing science in Bengali:
Bengali is the mother tongue of science-loving students in Bangladesh. Therefore, if they are given the opportunity to practice science in Bengali, they can join the technological advancement of the country.
The following are the various benefits of practicing science in Bengali:
- Through the practice of science in Bangla language, students can become optimistic about enriching the country and the nation in science.
- Maintains respect and love for the soil and people of the homeland.
- As Bengali is the innate language of the students of this country, they can easily understand and explain every complex subject of science.
- No need to spend separate time for language learning.
- Due to the sincere relationship with the Bengali language, it is possible to acquire more knowledge with less effort.
- As their own language is easy to understand, students become much more enthusiastic in the practice of science.
- Through the practice of science in Bengali language, it is possible to bring the common and less educated people of this country under the practice of knowledge of modern science.
Limitations of Practicing Science in Bengali:
Practicing Science in Bengali is an effective way to improve the national life of Bangladesh. But in this case there are some limitations and problems. The first and foremost obstacle to the practice of science in Bengali is the lack of sufficient terminology. There are many words and suffixes in science education which are very difficult to translate into Bengali. As the science of knowledge is generally prevalent in English all over the world, the students cannot suddenly understand the Bengali form of all subjects. Presenting the subjects of arts and commerce in Bengali is as simple as it is almost impossible in the case of science. However, this problem can be overcome by creating appropriate terminology. If you want to practice science in Bengali, you need a suitable book. But the number of higher science books in Bengali is very low. It goes without saying that notable books on science have been written in Bengali. This problem can be solved by using foreign language knowledge and writing more science books in Bengali.
Things to do in the practice of science in Bengali language:
The practice of science in Bengali language is being hampered due to various limitations and errors. As a result, the students and the whole nation are falling behind. So it is essential to overcome these limitations. In this case, the first and foremost task is to translate a large number of science books into Bengali at the initiative of policy makers. Proper terminology of many foreign words is not available. So enough terminology needs to be created. Students need to be encouraged to practice science in their own language as a means of handing out quality translated textbooks. Above all, it is time to ensure the use of Bengali language in the world of science and technology.
In recent times, efforts are being made to make extensive use of mother tongue Bengali in all spheres of life of the people of Bangladesh. Following this, the practice of science in Bengali gets priority. Because in the present modern age, it is not possible for any nation that is lagging behind in the practice of science to survive in the trend of progress. Moreover, teaching and acquiring through mother tongue is the easiest and most effective method. Because only mother tongue can combine life and education. The practice of science in Bengali language therefore carries immense importance.