There is no substitute for mother tongue in human life. The joy and satisfaction that comes from expressing one's thoughts in one's mother tongue is never found in a foreign language. Bengali is our mother tongue. Acquired and established through the language movement of 1952, this language is very much appreciated in today's world. Following the application of Bengali language in all fields, science is also being practiced in Bangladesh at present. The present age is the age of the spread of science. No nation can move towards progress by ignoring science. In the same vein, there is a huge trend of practicing science in Bangladesh as well. At present the practice of science in Bengali language is widely spread in this country.
*Mother tongue requirements:
People have the utmost respect for their mother tongue. Because people naturally master their mother tongue, everything they achieve in that language seems very close to them. Education requires a suitable medium for the normal development of the mind. In this case, there can be no better medium than the mother tongue. Mother tongue plays the most useful role in the practice of knowledge and science. Only the mother tongue can reconcile the soul with the soul. In a foreign language, the thoughts of a student are never properly expressed. The anxieties and anxieties of the mother tongue cannot be met by any language. Therefore, the need to apply mother tongue in the practice of science is immense.
*Importance of Bengali language in the practice of science:
Science is an essential part of human life in the present age of modern civilization. Through proper practice of science, every nation is qualified to reach the pinnacle of progress. The use of Bengali language is most important in the practice of science in Bangladesh. If you practice science in Bengali language, you can get acquainted with unfamiliar subjects very easily and in a short time. People develop their thinking, intelligence and imagination with the help of Bengali language. The daily exchanges and joys and sorrows of the people of this country are expressed in Bengali. Therefore, Bengali language can help them in the field of science. As a result of practicing science in Bengali language, the students of this country can understand and comprehend every subject in a natural way. Since education is a basic human right, it is more effective to practice knowledge in one's own innate language without resorting to artificiality. Above all, the importance and necessity of the Bengali language in the practice of science in the life of Bengalis is undeniable.
*Disadvantages of studying science in a foreign language:
Practicing science in a foreign language is a very difficult task for any student.
The main difficulties in practicing science in a foreign language are as follows-
- Before starting the practice of science, one has to learn the relevant foreign language.
- It is difficult to learn and understand science in a foreign language.
- Practicing science in a foreign language wastes a lot of physical and mental energy of the student.
- Even with hard work, many times the expected results are not obtained.
- Many people lose the motivation to acquire knowledge without knowing the proper use of foreign languages.
- The dominance of foreign languages often gives birth to foreignness in the mind.
- The use of foreign languages in the practice of science moves students away from their own history, tradition and culture.
- An important subject like science remains incomprehensible to the students if they practice knowledge in any language other than their mother tongue. As a result, the national progress of the country was hampered.
- If foreign languages are not fully mastered, many aspects of science remain unknown.