I decided to share one of my favorite Pastor's teachings.I hope it helps someone.
IT IS FOR AN APPOINTED TIME
(Dealing with Delay)
Understanding what it takes to deal with delay
Things to note:
God is a God of the appointed time. Genesis 18:14, Exodus 9:5-6, Job 7:1, 14:14, Galatians 4:1-2, Psalm 102:13
Visions, revelations, promises and prophecies are for appointed times. Habakkuk 2:3, Genesis 21:1-2, 17:21, Psalm 102:13, Galatians 4:1-4
All things are beautiful at the appointed time. Ecclesiastes 3:11
There is always the challenge of waiting between the vision and manifestation, promise and product, revelation and realization, prophecy and fulfillment. It usually come in temptations
1. The temptation of discouragement and depression. The feeling of being abandoned by God 1 Samuel 1:14-16. Most times delay carry depression.
2. The temptation of bitterness with God and man. Bitterness with God that transfers to people. 1 Samuel 1:15, Genesis 40:5-6. Joseph overcame this temptation.
3. The temptation of weariness and abandonment of spiritual responsibilities. Galatians 6:19
4. The temptation of accusation. God accusations and self accusation. Job 2:9, 34:7-9, John 9:1-2
5. The temptation of impatience that leads to orchestration of alternatives. The mistake will always fight the miracle. The alternative will always fight the authentic. It is settling for something less than the best. The temptation of compromise. Anything you compromise to get, you must compromise to keep. The way you attain it is how you maintain it. Hebrews 6:12
6. The temptation to accept the current situation as final destination. 2 Kings 4:13-14, Exodus 16:3, John 11:39,40
7. The temptation of backsliding. Job 2:9
What do you do in the face of Delay?
1. Continually review the vision, revelation, promise or prophecy with the Word. Habakkuk 2:2
2. Continually pray the vision, revelation, promise, prophecy into manifestation. 1 Timothy 1:18
3. Continually meditate on God faithfulness of God both in your life and life of others. Malachi 3:6, Hebrews 13:8, Numbers 23:19, Psalm 89:33-35
4. Continually charge your faith with light from the Word. 1 John 5:14, Romans 10:17
5. Embrace patience and resilience. Job 14:14, Hebrews 6:12
6. Continually embrace and discharge expected spiritual responsibility. It is persistence that wearies out resistance. Galatians 6:9, Ephesians 6:13-14
7. Continually reach out to others in need. Matthew 7:12, Genesis 40:6-8, Job 42:10
8. Trust God for needed preparation and maturity for desired manifestation. Every future you are looking forward for has a sustaining character. For every level of destiny, there's a destined level of quality - of character. Galatians 4:1-2
9. Trust God for the understanding of the times and sensitivity to times. 1 Chronicles 12:32, Luke 19:42-44, Daniel 9:2-3
10. Continually embrace joy, praise and Thanksgiving in advance. 1 Samuel 1:17-19, Romans 4:20-21, Psalm 106:12
Thank you for dealing with delay from theological angle. This is a practical spiritual weapon that can be used by anyone against delay. Thanks @Adepretty.