Join 63,454 users and earn money for participation
read.cash is a platform where you could earn money (total earned by users so far: $ 330,543.45).
You could get tips for writing articles and comments, which are paid in Bitcoin Cash (BCH) cryptocurrency,
which can be spent on the Internet or converted to your local money.
1. In a large saucepan mix together soy sauce, water, vinegar, honey, garlic, bay leaves and pepper. Bring to the boil and add chicken. Reduce heat, cover and cook 35 to 40 minutes.
2. Remove chicken with tongs onto paper towels and set aside.
3. Discard bay leaves. Boil the soy sauce mixture until reduced to about 1 1/2 cups.
4. Meanwhile, preheat barbecue to a high heat and lightly oil the hotplate.
5. Cook chicken on the BBQ for about 5 minutes on each side, until browned and crisp. Serve with the reduced soy sauce mixture.
¼ cup oil
2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 large carrot, peeled and cut into cubes
½ small red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into ½-inch thick strips
½ small green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into ½-inch thick strips
1 (about 3 pounds) whole chicken, cut into serving parts
1 small onion, peeled and sliced thinly
2 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
5 large Roma tomatoes
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 cup water
½ cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
salt and pepper to taste
In a pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add potatoes and carrots and cook, turning once or twice, until lightly browned. Add bell peppers and cook for about 30 to 45 seconds. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
Add chicken and cook, turning on sides once or twice, until lightly browned but not cooked through. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
Remove oil except about 2 tablespoons. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring regularly, until aromatic. Add tomatoes and cook, mashing regularly with back spoon until softened and release juices. Add fish sauce and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
Add chicken and water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and cook for about 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Add more water in ½ cup increments, if necessary. Add potatoes and carrots and continue to cook for about 7 to 10 minutes or until tender and sauce is thickened and reduced.
Add bell peppers and sweet peas. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until green peas are heated through and bell peppers are tender yet crisp. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.