Let me start by saying that to be consistent is to start walking on the road to success, Consistency is the act of great people and achievers.
I define consistency as constantly adhering to the same principles, You achieve success by consistently doing little things that help you towards accomplishing your larger goals. *These little things eventually become habit.*
Keep moving forward a little day by day and you'll gather the momentum you need to achieve your goals.
“It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It’s what we do consistently,”
It’s safe to say that just about everyone would like to grow and make positive life changes this year. Many of us have these great goals in mind, but for whatever reason we lose sight of them. Maybe you’ve been wanting to lose weight, or start your own business, or learn the guitar, and you start off strong working towards your goal, but then the excitement fades. What might be keeping you from reaching your full potential? It’s probably a lack of consistency.
Consistency is a must if you’re looking for success in life.
1. Consistency allows you to measure success.
2. Consistency helps to hold you accountable.
3. Being consistent establishes your reputation and being inconsistent can damage it.
4. Being consistent establishes your reputation and being inconsistent can damage it.
5. Inconsistency creates insecurity.
6. Consistency helps to create momentum.
Remember, you achieve success by consistently doing little things that help you towards accomplishing your larger goals. These little things eventually become habit. Keep moving forward a little day by day and you’ll gather the momentum you need to achieve your goals.
7. Consistency creates habits and in turn, can change your identity for the better.
I tell you this;
Many talented individuals never live up to their full potential because they often start many projects and fail to finish them.
It’s important to keep going, even if you fail sometimes. Being able to see all your hard work come to fruition is motivation for the next big goal ahead of you!
Reason why you can’t be consistent
1. Self-doubt : Every time you doubt yourself, you procrastinate on your dreams. Every time you doubt yourself, you follow your dreams one day and drop it the next. That births inconsistency.
2. Excuses : You can't be giving excuses and still be consistent. Excuses will give you reason to procrastinate.
15 excuses that will generate inconsistency
1. Fear of unknown
2. I don't have the money ( Who has?).
3. I don't have any contacts to start with ( Really?).
4. I'm not smart enough ( You have crown yourself as a useme/mumu)
5. I can't talk (Are you dumb?)
6. I don't have the time ( Yet you have the time to wake up at 5am and get dressed to face the traffic)
7. I'm too busy (doing what exactly?).
8. It takes too long to build a business ( But you envy bill gates)
9. I'm afraid. Building a business is too risky for me ( is sleeping not risky, people have died in their sleep).
10. I don't like dealing with people ( Mr Island... I greet you your Excellency)
11. Waiting for all the lights to be GREEN. (lights turn green when you press the button)
12. My job is too demanding and I travel a lot. (Don't you travel with your mobile phone?)
13. I'm not good at marketing. (Yet you are the king of forwarding unverified massages on WhatsApp and Facebook! Continue.)
14. No, if it's networking, I can't do it. ( But you spread gossip yet can't spread a business that will better your life?)
15. I'm not a professional. ( Who is a professional? We all learn networking by attending training and seminars). We do the do, move the move.
Success in life is not by accident. You don't just wish it, you work for it. And the work is not one day work-out but through CONSISTENTLY.
Thanks for reading my little piece, I hope we all start being consistent in all we do..
I don't know if CONSISTENTLY repeating yourself, making it a habit is the key to success. It can mean too you are blind for what is going on and not flexible enough if it comes to changes.